Volleyball Goes Gold

The girls celebrate a block kill by junior Emma Montes. Photo courtesy of Kingwood Volleyball.

Friday September 24th, Kingwood Volleyball played their Go Gold game against Humble High School. Gold Fight Win raises awareness, improves education, and raises funds for pediatric cancer. In cooperation with Addi’s Faith, L3, and Mothers Against Cancer, Gold Fight Win has been selling t-shirts, passing out ribbons, writing notes to patients, and spreading the word about pediatric cancer through a variety of outlets, including sporting events. The volleyball girls were eager to play for a greater cause than themselves, and every team finished with a win against Humble. Varsity won the first set 25-8, the second 25-6, and finished the night with a final score of 25-5. 

Along with Going Gold, Kingwood Volleyball celebrated their teachers on Friday. Each player across freshman, JV, and varsity invited one of their teachers to watch their students participate in the game against Humble. The girls are so grateful for everything their teachers do and have done for them, especially with the difficulties of last year and balancing sports and schoolwork. Huge thank you to all the teachers and staff who attended the game. Kingwood High School would not be a fraction of what it is without everyone that works so hard for the students. 

Kingwood plays Summer Creek this Friday October 1st at Summer Creek High School. Freshman play at 4:30, JV at 5:30, and Varsity plays at 6:30. Show up and cheer on your lady mustangs.