Humble ISD Extended Break and the Coronavirus Impact

Neha Shaw, Editor-in-Chief

Humble ISD announced this past week that schools in our district would be closed for students through March 20th.  The closure of our district is in direct response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic happening now in the United States, Texas and Houston area.  As far as we know there are no known cases of the Coronavirus in our community and people are exercising social distancing to help “Flatten the Curve”.

March 12, 2020 – Dear Humble ISD Families

“Humble ISD will be closed through next week to support our community and health care professionals in the ongoing goal of containing Coronavirus COVID-19. All activities and events that were scheduled in Humble ISD from Thursday, March 12, through Saturday, March 21, are cancelled and our buildings are closed.

By taking this step now, our community will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and assist in preserving the capacity of our health care systems. Social distancing helps protect students, staff, and the larger Humble ISD community. Health and safety is our top priority.

Teachers will provide learning opportunities for students while campuses are closed. On the evening of Monday, March 16, families should expect to receive an email from their school with more information about learning opportunities. It is also the district’s goal to offer food care packages for families on free and reduced lunch. Strategies that allow this while social distancing are currently in development.

Employees should work from home unless other arrangements are made in advance with their supervisor. Buildings are closed to the public and most staff as part of our containment strategy.

As you can understand, this is an evolving situation for our community, state and nation. We will continue to constantly monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the week, and will provide the next update by Monday night.

Thank you for supporting the Humble ISD Family as we work through these unusual and challenging circumstances.” 

– Humble ISD

Humble ISD has set up an information resourcing page for families to help guide them during this time as well as push updates that are necessary to our community at large.

https://www.humbleisd.net/coronavirus

Our district has also put together a detailed plan to provide meals to students accordingly from March 17-20.  Please make sure to check out their well articulated guidelines on the following page on where to go and the protocols that will be in place. 

Know Before You Go: Carry-Out Meals for Students