Big Wins for Kingwood Volleyball

Photo Courtesy of Kelly Miser

Kingwood and Kingwood Park volleyball programs wear the same shirt sporting the phrase “One Team, One Family”.

Sawyer Bryce, Volleyball Staff Writer

After a long season for the Lady Mustang volleyball program, all three teams came out undefeated district champs. Kingwood Park became the home gym for the Lady Mustangs round 2 of this season, and the Kingwood Park volleyball program welcomed them into their family. Despite facing a flooded home gym, Varsity, JV, and Freshman teams continued to play hard and finished with 16-0 district record. For Varsity, this is the second year in a row they completed the season undefeated making them 32-0 for the 2018 and 2019 seasons combined.

While Freshman and JV seasons come to a close, Varsity still has more to come. They secured themselves a spot in the playoffs starting the week of November 4. Leading the Varsity team is Head Coach Christie Mewis and captains Breanna Burrell (outside hitter) and Lizzie Young (libero). Varsity will play North Shore Senior High School at Atascocita High School on Tuesday, November 5th. Come show some support for our Lady Mustang Volleyball Team as they aim for their first win in postseason!

Photo by Hanni Turner Photography
Senior Breanna Burrell, Junior Temi Areola, Sophomore Sydney Hicks, and Sophomore Sophie Ocampo celebrate a kill.