Meeting Madame President: Xomie Sukach

Xomie+Sukach+next+to+one+of+her+cool+campaign+posters+

Xomie Sukach next to one of her cool campaign posters

Kaylee Corbin, Fine Arts Editor

The end of the school year marks a time for various elections in the many different clubs and organizations on campus. One of the most important elections is the election for student body president, as it is a position that represents the voice of the students for the upcoming year. This year, the winner of this position is Xomie Sukach. I interviewed Xomie in order to not only ask the basic questions of “What do you want to do with your new role as president?”, but also to give the student body a glimpse into her personality so that they could feel as though they know their new student representative a little better.

Kaylee: What do you want to do as president?

Xomie: I really want to make the year good for everyone, and bring some spirit and community for the school. I want to have more spirit at all of our games, and also bring support to all of the organizations at KHS! I also am working on opening a school store for next year, which I am really excited about!

What are you most excited for this coming school year?

I am super excited for all the pep rallies and for all of the perks of senior year!

What kind of music do you like to listen to?

I like to listen to a good variety of 80’s music, that’s probably my favorite right now, but I pretty much like anything that’s upbeat!

What kind of extracurricular activities are you involved in other than StuCo?

I compete with KHS debate, and I really enjoy it! I also do a lot of things with my church, rotary, and I’m involved in some other clubs at school like future business leaders, Model UN, and newspaper!

Is there anything you think the student body should know about their new president?

I want everyone to know that my door is always open, and my job is to serve them! I want everyone to feel free to come to me with suggestions or ideas! I love KHS and I’m really excited to work my hardest for our students, and make this next year the best possible!

After just interviewing Xomie, I can tell that she is caring, compassionate, and ready to help Kingwood High School have a fun, amazing, and successful 2019-2020 school year!